1. What’s your name and where do you come from?
2. You’re a professional photographer… tell us a little bit about your background and career – how did you become a professional photographer?
3. Your tips for a young amateur photographer who wants to build a career as a photographer?
4. Explain what your project is about?
5. How did you get the idea for this project?
6. Can you walk us through the entire process: from the idea… to finally finishing the project?
7. What problems / challenges did you experience when working on this project?
8. How did you solve those problems / challenges?
9. Your tips for a young amateur photographer who would be interested in creating a similar project? (Very important question, please pay special attention to this one!)
9. Are you open to collaborating with other photographers? If yes, how can they contact you? (Perhaps you can ask them to follow you on Instagram?)
10. Final words: the stage is yours (optional).
Thank you for this interview!
This is a video interview, not a text interview. Your video will be published in our members area online. Your video should be 7-14 minutes long.
Our members are mostly young photographers who want to learn and make new connections.
You can record your interview by yourself – with your phone.
Here is how to record your interview:
1. Take your phone and start filming vertical video (no landscape).
2. Start answering the interview questions, talk to the camera.
3. You can write the questions on paper, or print them on paper, or look at them on your computer… or you can simply answer the questions one by one and edit the video clips together as 1 mp4 video file.
4. Remember, there are no right or wrong answers, be yourself.
5. Don’t add background music or graphics to the video.
After you have answered all the questions and you have 1 video file ( format: mp4).
Go to WeTransfer.com
Select: “I just want to send files”.
Click the blue + icon.
Upload your video file. (important: file name should be your name, for example: john_smith.mp4)
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Add your email.
Add your name.
Title: “Interview + your name”.
You can leave the message empty…
Here is a great example interview we received from Alessandro.